The Covid-19 pandemic and these ever-changing times have prompted the implementation of pre-registration for all ice arena sessions and programs with the exception of Public Skate. Punch cards will be discontinued and skaters will be required to pre-register through the rink's registration portal.
Sessions for Freestyle will be capped at 24 skaters. Walk-ons will be permitted if space allows.
Registrations for June 9th - 21st open Friday 6/5 at 10am.
• Pre-registration will open Friday at 10 am for sessions June 9- 21.
• You are allowed to register for as many sessions as you would like, you coach will advise you on which sessions you should be skating.
• Skaters will be permitted to book sessions for two weeks at a time. We plan to have the schedule and registration available monthly starting in July, allowing you to register a month at a time.
• Skaters who have current punch cards can call the Ice Arena Front Desk to register for a session using a punch card OR have their punch cards credited as cash to their account to purchase sessions online.
• The sale of new Freestyle punch cards is suspended.
• You can email Jessica.Walker@parkcity.org or call the front desk at 435.615.5707 to get punches converted to credit.
• Single admission Freestyle rates apply. The single session rate for resident (Summit & Wasatch Counties) is $8 for youth resident and the punch card rate of $7.50 will be applied to purchases of 5 or more sessions in one week.
• Resident and Non-Resident rates are automatically pulled over based on your account. You will need to select the correct rate for youth and adult at the time of purchase.
• Season pass holders are still encouraged to pre-book sessions.
• Season Pass holders will be able to register for sessions at $0. When you register, select the applicable rate (likely youth) and click “Add to Cart”. It will show a total balance until you move to the next screen where the discount from the pass will be applied showing a total of $0. Then complete check out.
• Season Pass holders can only register for sessions with available spots. Please pre-register.
• There are 24 spots for skaters on each freestyle session.
• Please notify the front desk at least 24 hours before your scheduled session to have it rescheduled or refunded.
• Please register for sessions by 5pm the day before.
• However, registering for 5 or more sessions in 1 week will give you the lower rate of $7.50.
• Yes! But remember, the lower $7.50 rate is applicable when purchasing 5 or more sessions in one week, so purchasing in advance will save you money.
• The roster will be on a clipboard in the lobby. Skaters and coaches will be able to see available spots for walk-ons. Regular customers can write their names in and front desk staff will follow up for payment ($8 for youth). Staff is working on another process for visitors.
• Public Skate will not be available for pre-registration and punch cards are still available for purchase. Pre-registration is being implemented for Freestyle, Drop-in Hockey and Stick & Puck. Skate Sharpening punch cards are also still available.
• The software system named this feature and unfortunately we cannot change it.
The Ice Arena is constantly updating the website. We realize that this is a dynamic situation that is always changing. Please refer to the website at www.parkcityice.org.
We are adhering to the latest order from the state. All current and expired health orders can be found here: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/special-orders/.
We are excited to be able to run our 2020 High Performance Figure Skating Camp, albeit, postponed until July 13-17. We are planning to run the camp as scheduled, with strict limits on the number of skaters in each group.
Register by June 15th. Registration will be closed when we reach capacity.
Minimum level: As this is an intensive training camp, there is minimum level to participate. Skaters must be able to successfully perform a scratch spins and be working on a loop jump. Questions about level can be directed to Erika Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Add-on is available to extend the training day. The Add-on includes an additional Freestyle session, off-ice lecture (IJS, nutrition, Sports Psychology, Injury Prevention), and a power skating class on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday of the camp week.
For our skaters that are Basic 6 or higher (can do forward and backward crossovers) we are offering 2 separate 7-week programs, a low freestyle class and a skating skills class that include a 30-minute group class on a freestyle session followed by 30-minutes of practice time where they can practice their programs, skills or schedule a private lesson.
Low Freestyle Class - This class is for the developing figure skater and is the perfect compliment to skaters in the FSC Aspire program or those who have completed Basic 4 in Skating Academy. Skaters will be introduced to proper warm-up techniques, freestyle etiquette, basic skating skills, and moves in the field, as well as jumps and spins.
Mondays 4:15-5:15pm (class time 4:15-4:45pm; practice time 4:45-5:15pm)
June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10
Skating Skills Class - This class is for skaters to focus on developing the so important skating skills. Skaters will be introduced to moves in the field, synchronized skating skills as well as ice dance.
Wednesdays 4:15-5:15pm (class time 4:15-4:45pm; practice time 4:45-5:15pm)
July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12
Cost: $82 for the 7 week session
Our amazing coaches are still teaching off ice classes via Zoom. As we all know, training is training and we hope your skaters are still participating. Although the schedule has lightened up, there are still some great options.
Off-ice classes through the ice arena will be resuming the week of June 15th. Stay tuned for our new schedule!
Zoe will be heading to Oxford, OH in the fall to study at Miami University! Best of luck!
Molly is heading to Tulane University in New Orleans this fall! Best of luck!
We wish the best of luck to Miss Joanne, our amazing ballet instructor and coach as she starts a new chapter in Charleston, SC. Joanne has been involved with our club for 8 years and we are so sad to lose her experience and expertise. She was an integral part in developing our ballet program. Many of our athletes have taken ballet with Miss Joanne from day 1. Good luck, Joanne! We love you and will miss you!!
A big congratulations to our Club Coordinator, Coach, and Park City Ice Arena Skating Director, Erika Roberts on winning the 2020 Professional Skaters Association President’s Award of Excellence for the Central Pacific Region.
The President’s Award of Excellence recognizes exceptional grassroots coaches, in all disciplines, for their positive contributions to the sport of figure skating. One coach from each region will be selected to receive this prestigious award.
We are still working on an option to host our annual awards banquet. We will send the information when we figure out the best option. The new season begins July 1st!